Terms & Conditions
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoter is Canon Belgium, Berkenlaan 3, 1831 Diegem - BELGIUM (“Promoter”).
2. All entrants (“Participants”) must be aged 18 or over.
3. By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
4. The 2019 CANON BELGIUM & ATMOSPHERE ARCHITECTS “BECOME A FESTIVAL PHOTOGRAPHER FOR ONE DAY” Competition is open to all Belgian citizens and targeted to photographers, photography enthusiasts and videographers (amateur or professional level) and is an opportunity to submit their photographs with a chance to win a prize.
The theme is as follows: Festival and event photography.
30 (thirthy) winning photographers will be selected by a jury existing of a Canon Belgium’s Product Specialist, Marketing communications coordinator and Atmosphere Architect’s event coordinator.
5. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition
6. Multiple entries/images are permitted and more than one image from any one entrant may be chosen for publication but prizes will be strictly limited to one per person.
7. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date of 00h00 PM CET 25 May 2019 will not be eligible for any prize.
8. By submitting images to enter this competition, all entrants are deemed to have granted Promoter permission to use their image(s) in its original format or cropped, edited, altered or modified in anyway or combined with other photographs, texts or graphics which the Promoter may deep appropriate for internal and external corporate and general marketing and advertising purposes, press or trade shows or events organised, sponsored or attended by the Promoter or at the Promoter’s offices in any media, without time or territorial restriction. Media means any hardcopy oral and electronic materials of any description, including but not limited, to booklets, catalogues, bulletins, news releases, panels and signage, website (intranet, internet and extranet), blogs and newsfeeds, social media accounts and channels, broadcast media, print advertising and the press, corporate reports, corporate websites, corporate brochures, corporate presentations and videos, and local road shows.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
9. To enter, employees must upload their photograph(s) in accordance with the theme stated in Clause 4, to this micropage, including the requested information on their profile/person.
All entries must be made between 08h00 15 May 2019 and 00h00 PM CEST 25 May 2019.
The entries must be supported with the requested information on the profile of the photographer/participant. Any photographs submitted without information cannot be considered as an entry.
All images must be original photographs taken by the submitter.
10. All entries must be received between 08:00 on 15 May 2019 and 00:00 pm on 25 May 2019.
11. The photo must be original and taken by the Participant;
12. The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) recognisable persons, unless Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the
necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by Promoter under the terms and
conditions of the Clause 8; or
ii) works of art; unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 8 of these Ts and Cs or
iii) logos or brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such logo or brand names used and published by Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 8 of these Ts and Cs; or
iv) image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way
inappropriate or illegal; or
v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
13. You also agree to be contacted by Promoter for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that Promoter wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition.
14. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not
meet the above requirements.
15. By submitting its entry Participant warrants that:
- Participant is the sole author of the photograph;
- Participant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
- the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including
intellectual property rights) of any third party
- in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, Participant has obtained
written permission from those person(s) for Promoter to use their image(s) as described in these
terms and conditions; and
- it is the responsibility of Participant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought,
model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that copyright is not infringed.
Promoter warrants that:
- it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
- Subject to the clause 8 Promoter reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give
permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the
16. The 30 (thirty) selected winners will get an accreditation to become a festival photographer at one of the three below-mentioned festivals (Elrow Town; WECANDANCE; Fire is Gold) for one day. He/She will be provided with camera gear by Canon (EOS RP + batter + charger + lens). He/She agrees to share a series of pictures and the image rights of these selected pictures shot during the festival day with Canon/Atmosphere Architects for publication following the Ts and Cs in Clause 8. One final winner will be selected and be offered a prize. This prize is offered by Canon Belgium and includes the Canon EOS R-body + RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM-lens + Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with a total value of € 3.402,00 (incl. TVA – based on the sales price at Canon Belgium’s e-store – store.canon.be).
17. Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and town and social media account of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Promoter at time of being notified that they have won.
18. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on
offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
19. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 60 days after the winner is announced.
20. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Promoter.
21. After the closing date, a panel of judges from Canon Belgium and Atmosphere Architects will select the overall winner, based on the interpretation of the theme, creativity and technical ability.
22. Canon Belgium nv, Berkenlaan 3, 1831 Diegem – BELGIUM is the Data Controller. The
personal data of the participants will be used only for the purposes of administering this competition.
23. The personal data provided is held securely and may be transferred on a secure server outside the EEA.
24. Canon reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it
considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
25. Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Promoter liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
26. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be
governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium and will be subject to the
non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Brussels.